Category archives: Birth
- When This mama called me and asked me to attend her birth I was beyond excited! You see, I attended her first birth 3 years ago. To be invited back for her next birth was a great honor! Photographing her husband, son and family friend support her through her birth was so powerful. They had made that little birthing room at Kaiser their home for the evening. The room was filled with smiles, music, toy cars... you know, all the things you need at your birth! I can not wait to photograph sweet London as he grows up just like I have his big brother Sydney!
- The moment I met these two moms I instantly fell in love. Their home, their yard, their story, their overflowing love for each other. Soft spoken, gentle and kind. I wrote a little about that first meeting HERE. That is where you will also find their maternity photos. When I arrived for the birth, I walked into their home and it was empty. I looked around to find everyone was in the back yard garden. Jody was quietly laboring on a birthing ball, her wife by her side. Her midwife and doula close by looked up at me with calming smiles while Hypnobabies played in the background. I had just walked into a magical birthing garden. :::swoon::: I am so honored to have been invited to welcome baby Soren into the world. I have been to many births, never before have I been so emotional at a birth. I teared up more times than I can remember and was in full on tears at times, overjoyed with all the beauty and love. I can not wait to watch this family grow and take many more photos of their life. This birth was also attended by Becca Gorden of Two Doulas Birth, Sue Wolcott of Shasta Midvies, and Abigail Morgan of Float Chinese Medical Arts xoxo Christina Hultquist Little L.A. Photography
- Hollywood Homebirth A beautiful second home birth in West Hollywood. This mama inspired me and showed me true strength and beauty in her silence during the birth of her sweet baby girl. I am so honored to be able to watch this family grow. This is what home birth looks like ♥ xoxo Christina Hultquist Send me a message today to book me for your homebirth in the Los Angeles area.
- Births are my all time favorite type of shoot! Attending this all natural birth at Cedars Sinai Los Angeles was one of last years highlights for me for sure! Watching her push through this and having the birth she wanted was amazing to say the least! This rock'n mama has not only become a repeat client but a friend. I have this little guy on my scheduled every 6 months to the date of his birth!
- The birth of Emerson About 2 hours before Emerson was born his dad called and told me labor had begun. Just over an hour later he called back and told me to head over when I could but not to rush. I was so eager to get there I left right away. My bags had been packed for days and everything was ready at the door waiting. I pulled up to the house about 30 mins after the call to head over when I got a chance and saw the midwife pulling up as well.. I went inside, walked right up to the bedroom and with only about 30 seconds to spare captured this first set in my first 6 photos. Dad catching his baby in the bath! ♥♥♥ I was shocked! I was expecting to arrive to mid labor with the passive phone call I had received. This family was just so relaxed and easy going about the process. I bet the laid back attitude is what lead to a super quick birth! I am so happy I made it and was able to capture this even it was only 30 seconds before! They did a little bonding in the tub.... Her sweet midwife working through those hard after birth contractions. So kind and understanding. Such love. Followed by an evening of getting to know each other..... Laughter and joy.. A little business.. :) And a whole lotta love! Thank you dear friend for sharing your birth with me! I loved all 30 seconds of it! :)
- To celebrate the free maternity sessions with all booked births I thought I would start sharing some of the births I was honored to be at last year! Starting with sweet the birth of sweet Stella! It was a joy to watch this family welcome Stella. Since I was there to capture it, baby Stella and her mama had the full attention of the rest of their birth support team including dad, big sister, grandma and Doula Nikki from Blessed Be Birthing!